Thursday, June 27, 2013

Gu Family Book Finale

I just finished watching the last episode of Gu Family Book. If you guys have read my previous post regarding this topic you will know that I really like this drama, so watching the final episode made me really sad :(

Anyway, I'll be writing about my thoughts and comments regarding the final episode and the entire drama as a whole. So for those who haven't watched it yet, this will be a big spoiler for you :)

For this Final Episode:

The ending of Episode 23 left a lot of viewers hanging, because the last scene shown was someone was shot but didn't reveal who. It was either Choi Kang Chi or Yeo Wool for sure. After watching that, I kept thinking and thinking who was shot, but I can't figure it out. I gave up and just waited for the Episode 24...

The beginning of Episode 24 had a flashback, so who was shot wasn't revealed yet. After the flashback, the ending scene from Episode 23 was gain being shown and finally revealed who was shot. It was Yeo Wool! She saw the it coming and tried to protect Kang Chi. :(

Fast forward, Jo Gwan Woong was arrested and killed by Chung Jo with the poisoned wine. Yeo Wool was slowly dying because of the gun shot that has poison in it and in the end died. However, before Yeo Wool died, she and Kang Chi had a moment in the sacred mountain (this moment made me cry :() Just the thought that your love one is dying and you can't do anything about it is just so sad and it has more emotions because it was a slow death. Kang Chi told Yeo Wool that the next time they will see each other, it will be Kang Chi that will know Yeo Wool first and he will also be the first to fall in love. After Yeo Wool's death, Kang Chi decided not to pursue being a human and just remain as is.


The last scene is just something I wasn't expecting! It jumped to the modern day, 2013 to be exact. Kang Chi is still alive and rich! some of the characters were reincarnated like Teacher Kong Dal is already famouse for his medicines, Kang Chi's father and dongsaeng in 100 Thousand Inn is already his butler and valet boy. Even the Governess and the Gangsters are there! After all those being shown, I already predicted that Yeo Wool will also be reincarnated and there she was! Yeo Wool was there I think as an agent or something since she is holding a gun and dressed in a suit. Kang Chi met her and although everyone's name were different, Yeo Wool's name is still the same so maybe it was fate?



My Thoughts:

I liked the whole drama even though I'm not a fan of historical drama it still kept me entertained and always curious what will happen next. The story for me has not dead air or scenes that are very bragging. I think the ending was a little bit off, but very interesting and a great twist. I wasn't expecting that one to come! The ending for me also wasn't really an ending, so maybe *finger's crossed* there will be season 2? (yes! It is a wishful thinking...) Lee Seunggi was very handsome in the last part! I swear! The look really suits him :)
He is sooooo HOOOOOT!!!!


I have one question though, why didn't Kang Chi just drop blood on to Yeo Wool's gun shot so that it will be healed? I'm not sure if I missed anything but that was just my thought. :| Do you guys know why? Can you guys enlighten me on this please :|

Overall, great drama! For sure it will be in my recommended list of drama! if you guys haven't watched this drama yet, watch it now! It won't be a waste of your time. I promise!

Signed,
Ria <3




6 comments:

  1. Because according to the monk, Kang-chi can only save one person's life only once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does that mean he already did when Kang Chi accidentally clawed Yeo Wool? Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first time he saved her with his blood was when they were stuck at the storage room of lord park's money where yeowool was also clawed out by kangchi and got sick because of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember that scene, so how come the blood still worked when Kang Chi used it at the time when Yeo Wool was accidentally clawed out by Kang Chi while fighting at the inn?

      Delete
  4. No, the wound caused by Kang Chi in the Inn didn't heal by his blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! now I remember! She still had the wound and was cured by Master Gong Dal right? lol! thank you so much! :)

      Delete