Tuesday, June 18, 2013

K-Drama: The Queen of Office

Like I’ve said from my previous post, I’ll try to give my own thoughts and opinion to the Korean dramas that I’m currently watching. So the first one will be “The Queen of Office” or also known as “God of the Workplace”.

The Queen of Office poster


Here is the synopsis I got from Asianwiki.com:
Temporary employee Ms. Kim (Kim Hye-Soo) is a remarkable woman. She possesses highly advanced skills in seemingly all work fields. She’s also highly confident and always sticks to her ideals. Jang Kyu-Jik (Oh Ji-Ho) is a hot-shot foreign educated MBA, hired to turn around a flagging corporation. As they begin work together at their new jobs, can they ever co-exist?
This drama has 16 episodes and had already aired their final episode if I’m not mistaken last week or two weeks ago but I still haven;t finished it because the subbing for this drama is a little bit slow. The latest subbed episode as of now is episode 14.
The drama is about the life of people in the workplace and how they deal with various work and company issues, so I don’t think you’ll like it if you are more into the lovey dovey rom-com type. This drama does have love lines but for me, it didn’t gave me the “kilig” factor maybe because its not the typical romantic, sweet and childish type of love lines or maybe because the actors are too old? I don’t know. :|
I watch this drama mainly because I’m bored and I have so much time to kill. Plus I already know most of the actors in the cast, especially Jo Kwon from 2AM, but this drama focuses more on Ms. Kim. When everyone else wanted to have a permanent position in a company Ms. Kim wanted the opposite. She is very efficient, knows and does a lot of things and always get the job done right and beyond the company’s expectation Ms. Kim still wants to be a contract worker. Why? That’s the mystery that will be unfold as the story flows.
My Thoughts: 
The drama is funny and very entertaining. I’ve learned some korean work culture while watching this drama. Overall, I don’t recommend to watch this drama, but if you’re bored like me this will entertain you, because Ms Kim. is really jjang! :)
Signed,
Ria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment