Tuesday, June 18, 2013

On the Spotlight: 4minute



4mintue is back! And I have to admit that I'm one of the people that's been waiting for their comeback. 4minute has a nice and good place in my heart, they are one of the girl idol groups that I love and envy at the same time. I've been a fan since their rookie days and seeing them transform and mature in their albums. I can't hide my happiness to see that their latest album, Name is 4minute, brings me back to their rookies day, colorful clothes, addictive tune and just being badass! Anyway, I'm writing this entry for the purpose of letting out my opinion on their latest album.



MUSIC
Most of the time, I do like 4minute's song title, from Hot Issue till Mirror Mirror (yes, I wasn't a very big fan of Volume Up). So hearing their latest song "What's Your Name?" for the first time is really awesome! Great tunes, addictive lyrics and very powerful song. Its been stuck in my head for a few days now, and trying to murmur the lyrics the best that I can! :) 

From what I understood (thanks to YouTube videos that have English subtitle on it), the song is about wandering a person's name and identity as a whole. It's like stepping in a club and spotted a really cute and sexy guy, and you can't help but be curious and want him... hihihi...

MUSIC VIDEO

The video teasers were very nice! I can see in their individual teasers their unique personalities and reactions. But sadly I was kinda disappointed with their music video itself! the concept is nice and very 4minute, but the ending was just off. I don't get the part where the people became zombies and trying to eat or kill 4minute; it just made me raise my right eyebrow.

FASHION
I have to give two thumbs up for their stylist! Especially their concept pictures where they're wearing glow in the dark make ups and accessories! It is so AWESOME AND BADASS at the same time; It's so 4minute! I LOVE IT!

For their performance clothes, I noticed lots and lots of PRINTS, which I think can be tricky because if not done right, It can just look too busy and complicated. However, their stylist nailed it! the mixture very well put together and the outfit as a whole is very nice. I know only a few can nail prints on prints on prints and 4minute is one of them! :)


Overall, I like 4minute's comeback. The song is very addictive and the dance steps are also very easy to follow.

What do you guys think? Feel free to comment :)

Signed,
Ria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment