Tuesday, June 18, 2013

K-Drama: Nail Shop Paris

How do you like my drama reviews so far? Since I’m on a roll, I’ll be posting my third drama. It’s none other than, The Nail Shop Paris! :)

Nail Shop Paris


The synopsis I got from Asianwiki.com
Yeo-Joo (Park Gyulee) writes a love story on the internet about a fox with nine tails (“gumiho”). The story becomes a hit and Yeo-Joo becomes somewhat of an internet celebrity. Then, Yeo-Joo is caught in a plagiarism scandal. For her next story, Yeo-Joo decides to write about something completely new. For inspiration, Yeo-Joo decides to observe real people for her story.
Yeo-Joo goes to the subway station. There, she sees a man save a woman from a drug addict. The hero is Alex (Jun Ji-Hoo). Yeo-Joo thinks Alex would make for good material in her next story. She follows Alex to his place of work, which turns out to be a nail shop named “Paris”. Yeo-Joo decides to work at the nail shop, but it appears the shop only hires men. Yeo-Joo then disguises herself as a man with the help of her friend Ji-Soo (Han So-Young).
Reading through the synopsis you would say “just like Coffee Prince, You’re Beautiful or To the Beautiful You (Hana Kimi in Jap and Taiwan version). Yes! I have to admit that was my first thought upon stumbling into this drama, but I gave it a shot since Gyuri of KARA is there.
This drama is aired by MBC QueeN, has 10 episodes in total and currently in their 7th episode. It is a short drama, but I don’t blame them because as I watch the drama, there’s nothing much in the story. It’s kinda obvious and predictable that the story will end up that the lead actress will be caught by her lie (pretending to be a man) but eventually still be loved but the lead actor. However, one thing that made me curious about this drama is the “Gumiho” part. I want to know if there is really a story behind why Bunny (Gyuri’s character) is so into Gumiho related story.
My Thoughts:
I personally don’t like the drama, just because the whole story line is too weak. I have to admit that are few sweet and “kilig” worthy scenes, but I’m just confused that after revealing that the lead actress is actually a girl, the guys in the nail salon is just not that disappointed or felt betrayed. I think that even though thy do have feelings for her, there should still be at least a little bit disappointment and anger. I guess that’s just my opinion but anyways, I don’t personally recommend this drama unless you just want to watch something light and romantic.
Signed,
Ria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment