Tuesday, June 18, 2013

K-Drama: Monstar

For my next K-Drama series, I’ll be talking about….. “Monstar”! Yey! :) Who’s excited for this post? haha!

Monstar


The synopsis I got from AsianWiki.com
“Monstar” depicts the lives of ordinary teens who are injured psychologically and heal themselves through the power of music.
Yoon Sul-Chan (Yong Joon-Hyung) is the vocalist for the group “Man in Black”. He carries deep wounds within his mind, but doesn’t express his feelings. Because of his hot temper, he causes trouble. His management company then orders him to carry himself as an ideal student. He joins a music band at school, while facing unexpected events.
If you guys can guess it, I watched this because of Yong Joon Hyung of B2ST. I love B2ST and it’s about time that Joon Hyun is getting his time to shine in the group. He is very talented – writes songs and lyrics plus he is really good in acting (seeing his previous acting from their music videos) so I am happy that he is doing this drama. Before this post turn into “On the Spotlight” I should be back writing about the topic. :)
This drama is aired by Mnet Channel (which is a cable channel). It has 12 episodes in total and is currently aired 4 episodes. This drama is a musical and school related drama with a little bit of romance of course :) Aside from Joon Hyun, I do see some familiar faces in the cast, but the lead actress I think is a rookie since Based on my research, this is her first TV drama and has one movie (“Very Ordinary Couple” which I’m still waiting for English subtitle :| ) She also starred in one music video for 10cm.
I enjoy watching this drama (well, aside from seeing Joon Hyun) because it is musical and I like it when I watch musical dramas and they make their own version of a kpop song. I think it is very refreshing and interesting to listen my favorite kpop song sang in a different style. Oh! I just love that! :) So far, the drama isn’t boring me out, there is still issues (like the real connection between Se Yi’s dad and the friend and how will hat affect the whole story) and there are only few romantic moments, so I’m still waiting for the two leads to like each other. I just love the scene where Se Yi and Seol Chan are in the car and Se Yi is over Soel Chan and she cried. Tears just fall down on Soel Chan’s face, that is just so sad but still sweet.
My Thoughts:
Will definitely recommend this drama especially if you ant musical dramas like “Dream High”. I like that there are some issues that really reflect today’s reality. I also think that the drama is very refreshing in terms of casting since the actors and actresses are not too mainstream. Watch it, if you like listening to songs while watching dramas. :)
Off Topic: I have 2 additional dramas I’m watching right now. They are Ugly Alert and I Hear Your Voice, so I might also give my personal opinion with those two.
How do you like m posts so far? feel free to comment down below :)
Signed,
Ria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment