Monday, June 24, 2013

K-Drama: Dating Agency: Cyrano

The next installment to my many K-Drama posts! :)
Dating Agency: Cyrano Poster

When I first heard about this drama, my first thought was that the title sounds familiar, but then I shrug of the idea and just waited for the first episode to be aired. And watching the first episode gave me an impression that I've already saw a similar concept but I can't remember where, so after searching it in Google that's when it snaps me! It's the same story as the "Cyrano Agency" Korean movie I've watched last year!! 

The movie "Cyrano Agency" is a romantic comedy starring Uhm Tae-woongLee Min-jungChoi Daniel, and Park Shin-hye that is a modern take on Edmond Rostand's play Cyrano de Bergerac. 
So moving on to the Korean drama version.. Synopsis I got from Asiawiki.coom
A team for hire helps those who are having troubles in their love lives. The team employs elaborate stagings to help their clients snag the ones they love.
Seo Byung-Hoon (Lee Jong-Hyuk) who is the leader of Cyrano Agency. Seo Byung-Hoon was regarded as a genius like theatrical director. He then lost his best friend in an accident and suffered from heavy guilty. Seo Byung-Hoon then decides to save his late friend's theatre troupe and forms "Cyrano Agency".
Kong Min-Young (Sooyoung) is a romanticist. She is a member of Cyrano Agency. She has conflicts with Seo Byung-Hoon due to their opposite personalities.
Cha Seung-Pyo (Lee Chun-Hee) is a mysterious man. He is the chef for his own modest restaurant, which resides next to the office for the Cyrano Agency.

There's one thing in common in my list of K-dramas and that is KPOP IDOLS. I'm not sure if I do get attracted to dramas starring Kpop Idols or Korean dramas these days always have idols as part of the cast. For this drama, Girls Generation's Soo Young plays the lead actress; she's my bias out of the Girls Generation member so there's no excuse for not to watch this drama plus it's rom-com!

This drama is currently airing on TvN, which also aired "I Need Romance 1 and 2", "Flower Boy Next Door" and "Replay 1994" to name a few. From my observation, TvN usually release light rom-com dramas with a very unique concept, which I like since its different from the other big networks. This drama will have 16 episodes and currently aired half (8 episodes) already. :( Yes I'm sad because I'm really enjoying this drama! :)

Dating Agencies are big in Korea but in Cyrano Agency they offer a different way of meeting your love interest. The agency is executing the whole project in a theater like staging, meaning everything is planned out. They do the staging in actual places with actual people around which for me is so cool! I will surely hire them just to get my crush to notice or even like me back! hihihi! :)

The drama would be helping out different client with different situations, which is like watching different love stories in one drama! So far, the first client  has the action/mystery/suspense in it, while the second client which was Taemin of Shinee has the puppy love and more on the teenage love. The third client which was Lee Gwang Soo (he is a member of the Runningman show) shows  a "love-hate" kinda love. Every client has different problems and different approach but there is always happy ending with Cyrano Agency. Aside from their clients' stories, the drama also slowly revealing the characters of the lead actors and their past, and how they are all connected to each other.

My Thoughts:
I am definitely recommending this drama! Especially if you are in to romantic comedy ones. While watching the drama I started to feel that I want to be in love and have those kind of romantic relationships but then I'll feel sad because I'll snap back to reality that I'm single and can't have those romance as of the moment. HAHAHAHA! Anyway, go watch this drama! It's light, funny and romantic :)

PS: I recently found out that Ugly Alert is an everyday drama and the subbing is sooooo slow, so I won't be watching that anymore. As of now, the only drama that I haven't done a post is "I Hear Your Voice". So be sure to check my blog once in a while :)

Thank you so much!!!

What are your recent drama must watch? Comment down below and let's talk about it :)

Signed,
Ria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment