Tuesday, June 18, 2013

On the Spotlight: SISTAR


SISTAR "Give It to Me" album
SISTAR is back with their 2nd full album! I love these girls, they can pull off being sexy and not skanky. I love this group as a whole, they have good team work and the group chemistry is really great. They are one of the few idol groups that I love all the members and not only biased to one member. YES! I love them all equally. I've first started listening to their songs when they are promotion “Shady Girl” and was completely hooked with them ever since! And every time they released a new song, I will always be on my playlist and on repeat. :) I love that they are always playing with different concepts but still has one thing in common in all their concepts which is being confident, powerful and sexy.


MUSIC:
I always love their songs, so before I even heard the whole song. I already know that I will surely love it. I trust them that they will surely present their fans a great song every time they release a new one.After the release of the full audio, I’m right! SISTAR never disappoints me with their songs. The chorus is not as addictive as others (which is very common in kpop) but their deep voices are very suitable for the song and its like they are seducing the listeners with their voices. With Hyorin and Soyou’s husky voice the song just became 1000 times sexier. This song has a medium tempo so which is perfect to their suave dance moves. So far, since I've only see the music video, I still can’t identify their signature move for this song, Hopefully they release a dance version or a practice video for this song. (My guess: its the part where they shake their hands while moving their hips sideways)
For the lyrics, again thanks to YouTube, I've searched for music video that had an English subtitle/translation. I think the song is about longing for love from a special someone. The lyrics is asking for the love of that person and that is the only thing that she/he need. That’s the reason why in the chorus “give it to me” is the repeated phrase and even the highlighted word in the whole song.
I think that the powerful song is kinda contradicting to the lyrics which is one of the reasons I like this song. Even though the lyrics is sad and begging for love, the song presentation itself still has that power and confidence. It is like asking for the love because I am confident that the love will not be put to waste when you’re with kind a feel.
MUSIC VIDEO:

From the video teaser, I can already see their concept and that it will be dark and powerful type. I like it when SISTAR release their concepts because they always showcase different ways on how to be sexy and confident. I also love the music video, I looks expensive and classy. the stage setup is very extravagant looking! The music video concept is like being in a circus because of the ring and the props. The video is sparkling literally, with all the shiny props and glittery things. :) Another thing I like about this video is the ending. The ending show the “behind the scenes” of the music video and Shin Dong Yup is in there! Shin Dong Yup is a popular comedian and MC in Korea and he usually is known for his rated-19 (but in a funny way) comments while hosting so seeing him in the video is really funny, especially when he is directing the members how to be sexy. There is also one scene that really caught my eyes. It’s when Bora is doing her thing with rapping and she throws glitters (I’m not good with explaining but I do hope you guys get my point :| ), I just like that effect! :)
FASHION

SISTAR

Since their concept is about circus, so their outfit are inspired by ring master’s costume in circus. The girls’ outfits emphasized their toned legs since most of the outfits are composed of short shorts or mini dresses or skirts. Their outfits are bedazzled by sequins, feathers, laces and gems. I like how their stylist played with these items to create sexy but still expensive looking outfits. To add the circus vibe, the girls also use circus hats and canes (also bedazzled with gems and sequins) as accessories.
Overall, SISTAR did a great job for this comeback! :) The song is great and the concept is very suitable for them. They again showed their fans a different approach to being sexy and confident.
What do you guys think? feel free to comment below. :)
Signed,
Ria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment