Tuesday, June 18, 2013

K-Drama: Gu Family Book

For my second drama… it’s…. *drum roll*
Gu Family Book! Actually there’s no suspense in the topic since it is already the title. Duh Ria!

Gu Family Book
WARNING! THIS POST WILL HAVE SPOILERS, SO CONTINUE READING AT YOUR OWN RISK :)


Here is the synopsis I got from wiki.d-addicts.com/
A melodrama epic about the great deal of trouble Choi Kang Chi, born as a half-human-half-mythical-creature (or human werefox half-breed), who goes through in order to become human and a story of Choi Kang Chi’s journey of struggling in order to live more like a human than anyone else despite not being able to become human.
Choi Kang Chi (Lee Seung Ki) was raised by the Park family after having been picked up from the river. Due to customary restrictions of the era he is adopted by manager Choi instead, however Park Moo Sol takes on the role of being Kang Chi’s main father figure. Choi Kang Chi is the son of Goo Wol Ryung (Choi Jin Hyuk), the guardian spirit (werefox) of Jiri Mountain, and Yoon Seo Hwa, his human mother. Kang Chi is an outspoken character who’s full of curiosity. He realizes that he’s a half-human-half-beast through a certain incident and starts living his second life.
Dam Yeo Wool (Bae Suzy) is a master of martial arts and archery. Yeo Wool is an upright character who really values the Three Bonds and Five Relationships in Confucianism, and becomes an instructor at a martial arts center at a young age.
If you’ve read my previous post here, You will know that I’m not a huge fan of historical drama, but how can I resist Lee Seunggi and Suzy?? I love them so much and knowing that they’ll be together in a drama just cross out my rule of watching historical dramas :)
“Gu Family Book” is also known as “Kang Chi, The Beginning”. It has 24 episodes in total but currently in their 18th episode. This is aired by MBC Network. This drama is a combination of historical, mythical and romance, which made me think twice if I’m gonna watch it or not because it is not my typical flavor of drama but eventually gave it a shot because of Lee Seunggi and Suzy <3
BUT! As I was watching the drama, I'm completely hook with it! The storyline is really nice and the transition is just smooth. For the first 2 episode, I'm a little bit puzzled since I haven't seen Seunggi and Suzy, so I was already planning to discontinue watching it. However, for that first 2 episodes, it made me curious on how will the story be connected to Seunggi and Suzy and that is the reason why I continued watching it. As the drama progress, it gave me different emotions as I was watching. Even though it is a historical drama, it still gave a very refreshing concept and story line. The drama is a mixture of suspense, A little bit of action, romance of course and comedy.
My Thoughts:
I love this drama! Every time I finished watching an episode, I can’t help but want more. I like the casts and the story line is really great. I recommend you to watch this drama especially if you want to be all “kilig”. :) To be honest, I’m sad that the drama will be ending soon… So if you haven’t watched this drama yet, watch it NOW! I’m sure it is worth your time :)
Signed,
Ria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment