Saturday, July 6, 2013

K-Drama: I Can Hear Your Voice

How are you guys been doing? Its been awhile since I post something here right? I still have one Korean drama left (for now..) So here it is!
I Can Hear Your Voice Poster

Synopsis I got from Asianwiki.com

9-year-old Soo-Ha (later played by Lee Jong-Suk) and his father are riding together in a car when they are suddenly struck by a truck driven by Min Joon-Kook (Jung Woong-In). Min Joon-Kook then gets out of his truck and jumps on the hood of their car. Soo-Ha and Min Joon-Kook's eyes meet through the windshield of his father's car. Suddenly, Soo-Ha is able to hear the man's violent thoughts .. "I need to finish this."
Min Joon-Kook goes to his truck and gets out a baseball bat. He fatally strikes Soo-Ha's father dead with the bat. Soo-Ha is in complete shock. When Min Joon-Kook turns to strike Soo-Ho, the sound of a camera flash goes off and Min Joon-Kook goes after whoever is taking the pictures. This saves Soo-Ha's life.
The person with the camera is a young girl named Hye-Sung (later played by Lee Bo-Young). Later, Hye-Sung testifies against Min Joon-Kook in court. Min Joon-Kook claims that Soo-Ha's father died in the car accident. Through the court proceedings, Soo-Ha falls in love with Hye-Sung. Soo-Ha promises to protect Hye-Sung from Min Joon-Kook, when he threatens to get revenge on her.
10 years later, Soo-Ha is now an exemplary high student. Nobody is aware that Soo-Ha possesses telepathic abilities.
Meanwhile, Hye-Sung now works as an attorney, but she doesn't uphold the virtues of her profession very well. She is also not very successful and barely makes $1,000 a month. Her mother then pushes her to apply for a public defender position due to its higher pay.
In the waiting room, prior to taking her interview, Kwan-Woo (Yoon Sang-Hyun) strikes up a conversation with Hye-Sung, but she ignores him. Kwan-Woo is applying for the same position. He originally worked as a police officer, but went back to law school to become a public defender. During her interview, Hye-Sung talks about the events that occurred 10 years ago and this helps her land the public defender position.
After Hye-Sung gets the job, her picture is posted in the newspaper. Soo-Ha sees her photo and becomes elated that he can finally see her. At the same time, Min Joon-Kook sees her photo while in prison. He is soon set to be released.

NOPE! There's no idol member in this drama (or as far as I know). So why did I watched this drama you ask? Well, I know Lee Jong Suk from "School 2013" and tried to read a shorter synopsis from another site. After reading the synopsis, I knew that there is something special with this drama. This drama is not  under the romantic-comedy genre for sure, this drama is more on the suspense, a little bit of romance and also a pinch of drama.

The drama has a total of 16 episodes and so far, it already aired its 10th episode under SBS network. I have to say that the writer of the drama is really jjang! The plot itself is already intriguing and interesting and as I watch this drama, I can't help but also be part of the story by thinking and suspecting what will happen next.

Every episode keeps building the tension up and as I watched the recent episode (9th and 10th) another unexpected twist happened! Just when I thought that everything will be okay, the writers just throw me into another mind boggling situation! I was already thinking that the story line moves so fast to think that there still 6 episodes left, but the drama just completely set another twist and that just made me want to watch it more!

My thoughts:
I know that I didn't say much about the story line of the drama, but I just don't want to spoil you guys! This is a suspense drama, so spoilers is a big NO-NO but I just want to say that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND watching this drama, especially if you are the kind of viewer that wants to solve the mystery together with the leads :) I really enjoy watching this drama so much that I'm sad that it only has 6 episodes left :( So what are you waiting for?? Watch this drama, and for sure! you'll never regret it! This drama is really worth it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment