Wednesday, July 17, 2013

On the Spotlight: 2NE1


So 2NE1 is back and unlike other idol groups, I wasn't that excited when they announced their comeback. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate 2NE1, but I just love -love them unlike other girl groups. Maybe because I haven't seen them that much aside from their stage performances. As far as I know, they don't usually guest in variety shows and such, so I think that's the reason why I'm not a big fun of 2NE1, but in terms of their songs,  I love their songs! Their songs are always bad ass and I like it and it suits their group. Maybe I just want to see them more in other shows, because those were the moments where I can see their real personalities.

MUSIC

I have to say, I love it! There something about it that is very addicting, which is a usual thing in most of 2NE1 songs. However, what i like most of this song is that it is fun and up beat at the same time, it still has that 2NE1 signature, the badass and powerful appeal that the 2NE1 always have. Everything is just perfect! I like how the song really suits 2NE1, I couldn't imagine other kpop group sing that song and deliver it as badass and perfect as 2NE1 did. Hands down to them! Another thing I like about 2NE1 is their performances. Whenever I watched their performances, I know that they are enjoying it and has this freestyle appeal even though they have choreography for their songs. They are not like other kpop groups that try to be uniformed and perfect the dance steps, 2NE1 members have their own take on the dance and I can see that which makes it like they are performance because they like and enjoy it and not too controlled by the dance steps and all.

From what I understand, the song is about having a crush on someone and that the person is just keeps falling in love. The lyrics is really cute and I can see how badly the person likes the other person, but one thing that I'm not feeling is the part where Dara sings the "touch me" part. I don't know if it's just me, but it sounded kinda sensual/pervert-ish, especially when the some is about crushing on someone. (that is just my opinion..)

MUSIC VIDEO

Honestly, I'm not that impress with the music video since it's like the usual music videos that I've watched. I do like that the music video has the summer vibe that the song has. The music video doesn't have a stable story aside from the part where they are crushing the guys while playing basketball.

Upon watching the music video, aside from 2NE1 I saw another familiar face! The guy from "Dating Agency: Cyrano", I was a little bit amused by that and I don't know why. LOL!

FASHION

No shocker for me that they are wearing prints. I think it's one of their signature style so seeing them wearing bold prints is not new to me, but what I like about it is that they add on colorful summery colors to suit that song and the whole summer vibe. I like it! It is like a casual look for them, not too powerful and overwhelming. :) I like all their new looks well except for Dara. I love Dara, every since she's the "Krung Krung"  here in the Philippines, but I think blonde just wash her off. Since she already has a white/light complexion having a blonde hair make her sometimes look like bald or something. 

Overall, I can imagine myself in the beach, just chilling and lying in the sand while listening to this song. This song gives out a very summer vibes, that even though it is raining ( as I was writing this post) I can just close my eyes and I can ready feel and imagine summer and just having fun at the beach. :)

What do you guys think? Comment down below :)

Signed,
Ria <3




No comments:

Post a Comment