Monday, November 11, 2013

K-Drama: The Suspicious Housekeeper

Hi guys! how are you all doing? Sorry for not updating again this blog. I've been doing a lot of stuff these days. Anyway, here is my review for the Korean drama "The Suspicious Housekeeper".
The Suspicious Housekeeper Poster

Here is the Synopsis I got from Asianwiki.com

Eun Sang-Chul (Lee Sung-Jae) and his four children encounter difficulties after the sudden death of his wife. Then, a suspicious housekeeper named Park Bok-Nyeo (Choi Ji-Woo) appears. Because of the housekeeper, Eun Sang-Chul and his children faces various cases and family members who hate each other begin to experience love and reconciliation.

My first thought after seeing the poster of this drama was that it looks interesting since the poster kind of give he mysterious vibe in it. Another thing that made me decide to watch this drama is because of the lead actress. She is very well known in the Philippines for her role in "Winter Sonata" and "Stairway to Heaven".

This drama has 20 episodes and currently on its 14th episode and it is under SBS Network. The drama focuses on family problems and issues. This drama for me is under family, drama and mystery genre. It revolves on how the children cope up with the lost of their mother due to suicide and how they eventually find strength to their housekeeper, Park Bok Nyeo. 

Park Bok Nyeo is an excellent housekeeper, she does everything her master would order her to do, but the only problem is that she does not smile and always set the boundary of being just the housekeeper. It has the "Mary Poppins" vibe, but with a darker and deeper family issues in it. Aside from the family issues the Eun family is dealing with, it also slowly unravel the mystery of  Park Bok Nyeo's dark and unsmiling image.

My Thoughts:
I wasn't expecting the drama to be this deep when I first watch it. It has no romantic touch or comedy in it which is not my kind of drama. Nothing excites me on this drama and it is just way to dragging in my opinion. 

What do you think about this drama?

Signed,
Ria <3  


No comments:

Post a Comment