Wednesday, November 20, 2013

On the Spotlight: Trouble Maker

Hi guys! It's been a while since I write about KPOP musics, so here I am today, ranting and raving about it. LOL!

Trouble Maker 2nd mini album "Chemistry"

First of all, I love Trouble Maker ever since their debut performance in MAMA 2011. They're are definitely a troublemaker in that spicy, sexy and controversial performance, though kissing in performances are not that of a big deal anymore (*ehem* Lee Hyori and T.O.P *ehem*). It is still daring and very brave move for them, but in the end, they told everyone that the kiss is fake. Still kudos to them because for a short period of time, the fans had mixed emotions that mostly anger because of the performance. Here is the video, in case you want to see it or missed it :)



I'm a big fan of Trouble Maker and they are my most favorite sub-unit ever! It's very rare to form a sub-unit under different idol groups and have opposites sex in one group. Trouble Maker is an idol duo consist of Hyuna of 4minute and Jang Hyunseung of BEAST. Both idols are under CUBE Entertainment which explains their tandem. I can say they are also one of the successful sub-unit ever formed, even though they released 2 mini albums as of the moment, both of it created a huge buzz and sure are being parodied by a lot of people.

Their song "Troublemaker" is still on my playlist, so when I heard that they will be having their comeback, I can't wait to hear and see how they will top their first mini album.

MUSIC

To be honest, when I first heard their title song "No Tomorrow" I wasn't that much happy with it. I thought that Troublemaker is still a better song. However, as I listen to it again and again, I can now see the charm of this song. It may not be as upbeat as the Troublemaker, but the chorus is still catchy with the "Tell me now now now..." lyrics. The song is more sultry which makes it more sexy and the choreography is smoother and more suave. 

Based on my understanding, the song is about a person waiting and giving the person they love the last chance to say how they feel, like there will be no tomorrow so say everything you need to say NOW, without any hesitation. I'm not a music expert but I think that the lyrics really compliments the melody. I can feel that person still holding to her last hope and becoming a little bit desperate and aggressive just to know the other person's feelings.

PHOTO TEASERS
I usually don't have this segment on my other "On the Spotlight" post, but for this one, I think I need to talk about it.

Their photo teasers are quite effective because it shows more daring and risque than the previews one. Though I have to say that other photos are just way to sexy and maybe even cross the borderline to being skanky. I don't that much more opinion with it. I'll just let you guys be the judge of it.

Calling for reinforcement perhaps? LOL

Love this! 

Just want to cover Hyuna a little bit

This is may fave! I can see their chemistry here. PLUS! they are way too cute here <3


And here are the photos for their R-19 limited edition of their album... I posted the pictures which I think are way toooooooooo risque..






MUSIC VIDEO 

There are two versions for their music video, I'll be posting here the uncut version, since I think that most of my readers are already adults or mature enough to know what they're doing :)


When I saw the cut version of this music video, my eyes are just wide open the whole time, they defintely raised it to the next level in terms of production and skinship! Their body contacts are just so... WOW! The music video does remind me of Bonnie and Clyde story. They don't have a permanent house and live their life in a RV and mostly live their lives to the fullest.

My favorite part is when Jang Hyun Seung is staring himself in the mirror and maybe on drugs or something but there is his innerself as Joker. I like the transition and the acting there, it just makes me smile every time I watch the video. I think Jang Hyun Seung played it very well. Kudos to you! (NOTE: one thing I love in this duo is that Jang Hyun Seung gets the spotlight, unlike in BEAST, he at times get set aside since other BEAST member are there.) JANG HYUN SEUNG JJANG! DAEBAK! hahaha!

Even though the music video received a lot of attention when it was released, not everyone was pleased and another controversy arise. The music video is said to be plagiarized and scenes where a copy to Rihanna's We Found Love music video. I've seen both video, though there are some scenes that are similar and the base story is also similar, I think the two videos have different mood and tone. So no need to be that bashing to Trouble Maker okay? :)

FASHION

The overall concept of their stage outfit are really nice. I think they got their concept inspiration from american laid back with a little bit of edge style. I love how Hyuna uses cover ups like jackets to balance the short shorts and midrib tops. I have to say that that first I was a bit worried since Hyuna wore less clothes in their photos but since performances in tv networks have stage outfit restrictions, the stylist needs to cover Hyuna more, which I like! I mean I like all the stage outfits I'm seeing so far and they are all well coordinated with Hyun Seung's outfits.

That's about it! I love Trouble Maker, how about you guys? :)

Signed,
Ria <3





No comments:

Post a Comment