Thursday, November 21, 2013

K-Drama: Marry Him If You Dare

I'm back with another K-drama! For this post I will be talking about Marry Him If You Dare :)

Marry Him If You Dare Poster



Synopsis from AsianWiki.com

"Marry Him If You Dare" depicts the love and work of people who work in a broadcasting station. A woman, who works as a writer at the broadcasting station goes back in time and meets herself in the past. The woman gives advice to herself in the past.

I'm soooo excited to talk about this drama (sorry it took me so long to write this thought :( ). This is one of the dramas that I've waited for besides Heirs because this drama has two of my favorite Koreans in the world - Yonghwa of CN BLUE and Yoon Eun Hye. :) CN BLUE is definitely one of my bias kpop group, so every time a member is part of a drama, I usually watch it! (except for the sitcom dramas a.k.a dramas that have 50+ episodes) As of Yoon Eun Hye, I love her as an actress, I've watched most of her drama from Princess Hours to My Fair Lady to I Miss You to this and for me, she is very great actress. She can do hardcore drama and light fun rom-com genre. She may not have the best body or the best face but her charm and appeal is just overflowing that liking her is not a shocker.

Marry Him If You Dare is also known as The Future Choice, since "Mi Rae" is also called future in korea, which explains the alternative title. This drama is aired by KBS Network and has 16 episodes. It is already on it's 12th episode and I'm sad that this is already coming to end soon. :( This drama is a mixed of rom-com and a little bit of fantasy. The fantasy aspect will be the time travelling part, which is for me is under that genre. 

The drama is about Na Mi Rae of 2043 goes back to year 2013 to stop her old self from doing, which she thinks the worst decision she had made at that time, marrying Kim Shin. Kim Shin is an announcer with a strong opinions in life and would not give in easily. Now the future Mi Rae goes back in time with a quest to warn her present self to not marry Kim Shin but Park Se Joo instead. Se Joo is the future chairman of the TV network.  The story is full of funny and also "kilig" (sweet/romantic) scenes which I can't help but just feel giddy and smile while watching this drama :)

My Thoughts:

I LOOOOOOVVVVEEE this drama, by far my favorite drama of this batch. I can't help but smile on those cute romantic scenes and at the same time root for a certain love line. LOL! I'm a big fan of Mi Rae and Se Joo lve line though I know that they will not end up together in the end :( This drama does not have any major villain which is also kind of nice since the story line itself is the problem. Each character has their special role in the story and no character gets out shined by another character. Can't wait to watch this drama until the end and see how the story end. I just hope that the ending will be as great as I am expecting it to be.

BTW, for international fans who have channel KBS2, this drama is already airing there, but I think the airing there is a few episodes late compare to the original airing in Korea. :)

Signed, 
Ria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment