Friday, November 22, 2013

On the Spotlight: Miss A

Miss A "Hush" album cover

Miss A is one of the kpop girl group that I always anticipates when there are news of them coming back. So far, I like all the title song they released and their choreography are always special. Miss A is known for their unusually and eye catching dance steps from their Good Girls Bad Girls to Baby Goodbye to this song. Miss A is a mixed of Chinese and Korean members which is not usual to kpop girl groups. Aside from their music, Miss A's maknae member, Suzy, is very popular and labeled in Korea as the "Nation's First Love", because of her natural beauty and innocence. Other Miss A is also getting attention such as Fei because of her cooking skills and flexibility.

 MUSIC

When I first heard this song, it is very catchy which is very common to kpop songs, so this is not something new to me. I like that they try to switch their music from an upbeat "I Don't Need a Man" to this sultry "Hush". This song does not have fancy background music all throughout the song so the member's vocals are very clear and clean. I also noticed that this doesn't have the rap part, so Jia is doing the vocals too. Yey for Jia finally showing that she can also sing :) 

To be honest, I'm not really sure about the song's meaning. When I searched the English subtitle for this song and watch/read it, the lyrics are phrases and not much of a story in it. I'm not a that smart in interpreting poems so I'm not sure if this song has a deeper meaning from my understanding. Feel free to share your thoughts about this song's meaning :) From my understanding, the song is about a girl's feeling for a guy she likes. Not the usual cute lyrics though, it is more of the mature feeling or maybe even a little bit sexual feeling to a guy? I'm not really sure but there are lyrics like "Kiss Kiss Kiss" then there is also about the lollipop. I'm just a little bit confused. Enlighten me guys please. LOL!

MUSIC VIDEO


I like how the music video is very very simple but at the same time I can still feel their longing for the guy that they like. The music video also focuses on showing the detailed choreography of the song. I like the intro, when there is a curtain in front of them and part of their choreography is to tear the curtain down, the effect is just really great for me. I also like the effect that Jia have to carry herself while doing a part of the choreography. (not shown in the music video but in their performances she usually does it.) One thing that I don't like about the video is when Suzy is biting the lollipop, though I know the lyrics says it but it just for me a little bit off in the whole concept of the video.

FASHION

Love love love their stage outfits for this song! Their outfits are very simple and clean. Mostly a cropped turtle neck long sleeves or a midrib top paired with a high-waisted pants or shorts. They use a body chain necklace, I really don't know what it is called. LOL! Their stage outfits shows off their nice figures by wearing tight but not too revealing clothes. As for their make up, they use red lips as their focal point.

Signed,
Ria<3

No comments:

Post a Comment