Friday, September 6, 2013

K-Drama: The Master's Sun

I've been writing these Korean drama reviews and I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job. I hope that you guys give me feedback so that I can improve my reviews :)

Today I'll be reviewing...
The Master's Sun promo poster

Yup! The Master's Sun. I know the title sound weird, but as you watch this drama, you will understand why. Before starting my review or should I say my thoughts about this drama here is the synopsis I got from Asianwiki.com.

A woman is able to see ghosts and a man begins to trust her that she does see ghosts.
Joo Joong-Won (So Ji-Sub) is a corporate executive filled with greed. He relates everything, even personal relationships. to money. Tae Kong-Sil (Kong Hyo-Jin) is a secretary who is easily moved to tears. Her personality is dark. An incident then opens the pathway to where Tae Kong-Sil sees ghosts. Since that moment, she is unable to sleep at night. 

As far as I know, this drama tops the Wednesday-Thursday slot in Korea and I'm not surprise since the lead characters are played by top actor and actress! This drama has 16 episodes and currently on its 10th episode. This is being aired by SBS network and replaced "I Can Hear Your Voice".

When I first saw the teaser trailer of this drama, I thought it was kind of weird since it has the horror vibe with all the haunter house effects and set design. However, after watching this drama I think this drama is leaning more on the Rom-Com genre. There are ghost and I mean scary looking ghost in the drama, but it's not something that will not let you sleep at night kind of horror. Actually it is like "Who Are You" but in a lighter tone.

Tae Kong Sil has a third eye and can see ghost and most of the time the ghosts are just there to pester her and let here do their "unfinished" business. She doesn't have a normal life because she always sees ghost everywhere she goes. Joo Joong Won on the other hand doesn't believe in ghost and has a deep traumatic experience when he was young. Their lives cross and Tae Kong Sil discovered that Joo Joong Won is the solution to all her ghost problems because every time she touches him, the ghost will suddenly disappear. That is the gist of their relationship and let you guys find out the rest :)

My Thoughts:
I am slowly getting hooked on this drama! It's a great drama to watch since it is rom-com and light. Even though this drama is under rom-com genre, it still has it's fresh appeal to it. I must say that I am starting to fall in love with Joong Won! There is something with bad/jerk guys that will still let you be head over heels with them. Maybe seeing their personality changed because of someone they love, they became sweet and very gentle! <3 Hopefully, I'll find my own bad boy in the future! hihi! 

Overall, I recommend this drama because it is light and romantic and a good break for all the suspense and mystery other dramas have right now.

PS. Infinite L plays the role of young Joo Joong Won so that adds another reason to watch this. >.<

What do you guys think of this drama?
Share and comment down below :)

Signed,
Ria <3


No comments:

Post a Comment