Sunday, August 25, 2013

K-Drama: Who Are You

As promised, I'll posting my thoughts on the Korean dramas I'm currently watching. Today, I'll be talking about TvN's "Who Are You".



The Synopsis I got from Asianwiki.com:

"Detective Shi-On (So E-Hyun) can see things that ordinary people can not. With her warm-heart, she tries to help ghosts that have unfairly arrived in their situations due to their complicated stories. Meanwhile, Detective Shi-On's partner, Detective Gun-Woo (TaecYeon) only believes in what he can see and touch. The two detectives solve cases related to the lost & found center."

I'm not really sure how many episodes this drama has, since Asianwiki didn't indicated it, but this drama is already aired its 8th episode. This is shown in TvN and replace "Dating Agency: Cyrano" timeslot. This drama has a mix of horror, mystery and romance which I think is the current trend of korean dramas these days.

The drama is about an police officer that was shot during one of her ambush operations and was in coma for 6 years. After waking up from this coma, she doesn't remember anything that happened and started to see dead souls. She started helping out the dead souls and find them justice and at the same time unfolding what really happened 6 years ago in the ambush operation.

At first I don't like that they just solve different cases related to the dead soul that she sees. It's like she sees that the dead person, then help the dead soul and solve the case PERIOD. However, so far, the story is slowly revealing details happened 6 years ago. I also like Taec Yeon's character because he has the childish side which makes his love line with So E-Hyun's character cute :)

So far, I can already predict what happened 6 years ago, hopefully they will insert twists along the way to make the drama more interesting. Since the drama's genre is mystery I'm expecting more shocking facts and details on upcoming episodes.

My Thoughts:
I would recommend this drama if you're into mystery, suspense with a little bit of romance. So far, it does bore me on some scenes, but overall the drama is nice. You can't help but solve the case with them :)

What do you guys think about this drama?
Comment down below. :)

Signed,
Ria <3






No comments:

Post a Comment