Friday, May 30, 2014

K-Drama: The Witch's Romance

The Witch's Romance Promo Poster

Synopsis from Asiawiki.com

"Drama series depicts a love story between Ban Ji-Yeon (Uhm Jung-Hwa) and Yoon Dong-Ha (Park Seo-Joon).
Ban Ji-Yeon is a single 39-year-old woman. She works as a reporter and is very enthusiastic about her work. So much so that she is often called a “witch” at work. She doesn't believe in true love, because of her past experience when her boyfriend disappeared prior to their wedding.
Yoon Dong-Ha is 25-year-old young man who runs a small errand center with his friend. The errand center will do pretty much anything including sending out someone dressed as Santa Claus or provide security for an idol star. He looks like a happy guy, but he lost his girlfriend by an accident. 
No Shi-Hoon (Han Jae-Suk) is a 41-year-old war photographer. He was Ban Ji-Yeon’s boyfriend."

This drama is aired on tvN and replaced "I Need Romance 3". It has 16 episodes and currently on its 12th already. A rom-com drama series that is a remake of the Taiwanese series "Queen of No Marriage"

To be honest the general story line of this drama is very common and have already been used over and over again. I don't blame then, since love story generally does have a standard formula especially with tv dramas. However, there is something with tvN dramas that made them so fresh and interesting. I'm not only pertaining it to this drama, but from most of their rom-com dramas I've watch. It surely is a nice change from all the action-suspense or heavy drama that are coming out from the 3 major networks.

This drama also followed the trend of the older woman + younger man love line, which I think is a hit or miss kind of thing. There are times that this combination will look way too awkward for me. There are times that I think that the love chemistry is not working and it just look like an ahjumma and younger guy relationship. I really don;t know how to explain it clearly but I hope you guys got my point. lol! Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against that love line combination. In fact, I am a huge fan of the Lee Bo Young-Lee Jong Suk (I Can Hear Your Voice) and the KIm So Yeon-Sung Joon (I Need Romance 3) love lines. So back to the topic, this drama also have that love line and I have to say that I am also digging this love line! they just have the chemistry there! Uhm Jung Hwa still is that femme fatal, charismatic character and aura while Park Seo Joon is also showing some fresh and manly character.

My Thoughts:

Definitely watch this drama!!! 2 thumbs up, PROMISE!! I just love the love line, the story, the dialogues and most especially the actors and actresses acting!!! I can totally feel their acting and I also do get the feels for this drama. Especially when Dong Ha saying lines like "Don't provoke me.." Kyaaaaaa!!! 

What do you think about this drama?

Signed,
Ria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment