Wednesday, May 14, 2014

K-Drama: Hotel King

It's been a long time since I write a drama review on this blog. I know I missed a lot of drama reviews before and I will try my best not to be lazy and write again... As my comeback post, I will be writing my thoughts about the Korean drama "Hotel King".

Hotel King's Promo Poster



Synopsis from Asianwiki.com

"Cha Jae-Wan (Lee Dong-Wook) and his mother were abandoned by his father. As an adult, he begins to work at a hotel and stands up against his father."

This drama has 32 episodes and currently aired its 10th episode. I didn't know that this drama has 32 episode until recently and that explain why the story line is progressing slower than ordinary Korean dramas I've watched.

I know that the synopsis Asianwiki has is not helpful at all, so to give you a little summary of the story. Jae Wan is seeking revenge to his father who "abandoned" them (mother and younger brother). With a help of a old ahjusshi,Lee Joong Goo (one of the villain in this drama). Ah Mo Ne (Lee Da Hae's character) on the other hand is the heiress and the daughter of Ceil Hotel's owner, which is also the "father" of Jae Wan. As I said, the progress of this drama's story line is slower than other drama, and as of now, I believe there will be more twist and revelation in the story. There are still characters who haven't been revealing their purpose and motives in the drama and I am curious about how the story will progress.

This drama is a comeback love team for Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae! Their love team was first been seen in the Korean Drama "My Girl" way back in 2005. Now that they are back with a new Korean drama "Hotel King", you will see a whole new different side of them. They are more mature and the characters are has more depth.

My Thoughts:

Am I liking the drama so far? well... I'm not sure. I will still watch the drama but right now, I am still not completely hooked about it. Maybe because the story line hasn't reached the climax yet. However, it is already slowly revealing story twists so maybe it will get better soon. :) 

Signed,
Ria <3





No comments:

Post a Comment